18 dic 2010

Hugo Race - Fatalists


Hugo Race, miembro fundador de los Bad Seeds (Nik Cave), publica este álbum que trata de cómo el destino tiene otros planes para nosotros.

En palabras de él mismo:
"We all met up in an old villa in rural Italy on a cold autumn day. I'd just finished a month on tour with the True Spirit and in the tour's closing stages had come down with pneumonia. Because most of the songs I had for Fatalists were about death, this seemed a fitting background, and for the duration of the recording sessions I was laid-up with a fever in a room adjacent to the studio. I could hear the band tracking my songs but couldn't participate. So the sessions were really produced by Antonio and the other Fatalists, and they gave the songs a different slant. Having self-produced my recordings for a very long time I thought that here was a chance to step back and let a whole new album materialize, if I could just trust in the process. Cal and Andy mixed the album at the Mill studio on a hill overlooking the Southern Ocean where the wind blows in off the grey water with a cold metallic edge. There are few neighbours, and like the Cosabeat studio in the Romagna, a sense of nature and desolation and human insignificance predominates. I never planned to make this record, it just kind of happened - hence the title Fatalists - because often fate has other plans for us..."

Lista de temas

01. Call Her Name
02. Too Many Zeroes
03. Slow Fry
04. Will You Wake Up
05. Come Over
06. Serpent Egg
07. In The Pines
08. Nightvision

Los tems que me gustaron

Will you wake up


Slow Fry

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Sueño

 Han pasado años, 8 quizás, y nunca te soñé. Y ahora, semana tras semana, te sueño. Son sueños de un pasado que nunca sucedió, de un present...